|Gloucester Men's Shed
The Gloucester Men's Shed currently has 30 members and growing. Some of the activities members can get involved with are community projects. Activities can include refurbishing bench seating for the local Tennis Club, fixing old tables for the CWA. etc. Of course, some members need to do their own thing or just come along for the camaraderie, or just a chat.
The Shed is always on the lookout for new fundraising projects & recently conducted a "Garage Sale". Also we are currently developing some winter-based computer-based training and user courses for its members.
Two (2) members have recently completed their basic computer skills course under the "Broadband for Seniors" program.
One trainee has since bought a computer, and the other plans to do so shortly.
The Shed's 2011 Winter Courses may include:
- Getting a handle on your emails
- Downloading, saving and sorting digital pictures
- Copying old vinyl records, VCR tapes, and music cassettes to computer/CD/DVD
- Backing up your computer data and pictures
- Managing and using your computer; you be the boss.
We currently operate from our shed at 509 Fairbairns Road
Gloucester, every Wednesday between 9am - 3pm.
New Members Welcome